Costa Mesa, CA
Irvine Sensors Corporation, an employee-owned company headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, is an award-winning innovator in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine consciousness, video analytics, LIDAR, and mass storage devices.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing detailed electrical/electronic design to support ISC’s 3D Electronics and Mass Storage division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform detailed design of memory controllers. In particular, work on architecture and implementation of a NAND memory controller for high reliability applications.
• Design and verify firmware on FPGAs, DSPs, microcontrollers, and embedded processors.
• Assist with debugging and performance evaluation of PCBs and higher-level systems.
• Transition prototype designs to production environment.
• Prepare documentation and interface control documents to support projects.
• Support complex projects to meet technology performance and schedule objectives.
• Timely delivery of reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective designs and products.
• Support department functional groups in defining product features and requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
The essential qualifications of the candidate include, but are not limited to the following:
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience with NAND-based memory controller RTL design required.
• Experience with FPGA (VHDL/Verilog) and software (C, C++, etc.) development required.
• Experience with interface requirements of NAND, DDR, and multi-gigabit serial interfaces required.
• Experience with RTL design, test bench generation, and simulation and verification required.
• Knowledge of ECC algorithms and implementation preferred
• Knowledge of ARM Cortex processors and peripheral bus interfacing preferred
• Ability to accept open-ended design assignments and follow through to ensure that assignments are completed in a high-quality manner required.
• Ability to perform design analysis and validate functionality of RTL over worst case parameters required.
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with teammates and project leadership required.
• Motivated to take ownership of tasks and make a difference in a growing company required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is proud to offer a highly competitive compensation package. Our outstanding benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, stock options, 401(k), generous paid vacation program, and flexible scheduling where deemed appropriate.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.Email application to email@example.com