Costa Mesa, CA
Irvine Sensors Corporation, an employee-owned company headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, is an award-winning innovator in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine consciousness, video analytics, LIDAR, and mass storage devices.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the design of hardware and the development of associated firmware for high-density memory devices, as well as providing support for the test setups for these devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and manage large digital FPGA design projects and products
• FPGA engineer with flexibility to adapt in an R&D environment
• Hands-on use of Xilinx and Intel Design for design creation and verification
• Participate heavily in architecture and solution design
• Support complex projects to meet technology performance and schedule objectives
• Timely delivery of reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective designs and products
• Supports department functional groups in defining product features and requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in FPGA design
• Strong proficiency with Xilinx and Intel tools and toolsets for both design creation and verification required
• Experience with SERDES and other high-speed communication protocols in FPGAs preferred
• Experience with debugging FPGA-based hardware systems in a lab environment required
• Experience working in a mixed Windows/Linux environment required
• Knowledge of Tcl, Perl, and other scripting languages preferred
• Knowledge of MatLab programming preferred
• Knowledge of SSD controllers, non-volatile memory, networking interface/protocol, SCSI/SATA, fibre channel protocols, SFP and multi-gigabit interface preferred
• Experience with digital signal processing (DSP) applications preferred
• Experience with High Speed Memory, LIDAR, and/or other sensing-based technologies preferred
• Experience with survey, space, and military quality products preferred
• Familiar with lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzers)
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues
• Self-motivated, self-directed, and a team player
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is proud to offer a highly competitive compensation package. Our outstanding benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, stock options, 401(k), generous paid vacation program, and flexible scheduling where deemed appropriate.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org