Costa Mesa, CA
Irvine Sensors Corporation, an employee-owned company headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, is an award-winning innovator in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine consciousness, video analytics, LIDAR, and mass storage devices.
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer (EO).
The Senior Mechanical Engineer (EO) is responsible for designing and developing complex components and packaging for LIDAR and other EO/IR perception products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Design, develop, and manage the fabrication of complex mechanical components and exterior packaging for EO/IR systems contributing to all aspects of their mechanical design
• Perform product development activities including interpretation and implementation of specifications, documentation of requirements, and initial concept creation.
• Hands-on use of SolidWorks, AutoCAD and other tools for design creation and analysis
• Participate heavily in architecture and solution design
• Support proposals with innovative mechanical concepts, technical descriptions, and analysis
• Support complex projects to meet technology performance and schedule objectives
• Timely delivery of reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective designs and products
• Supports department functional groups in defining product features and requirements
• Provide training and mentorship to lower level professional and technical staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, plus a minimum of 7 years’ related experience
• Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues
• Motivated to take ownership of tasks and make a difference in a growing company
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of optics, lasers, and EO/IR detectors preferred
• Knowledge of production processes and standards preferred
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is proud to offer a highly competitive compensation package. Our outstanding benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, stock options, 401(k), generous paid vacation program, and flexible scheduling where deemed appropriate.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org